India's Privacy Law is round the corner. Get Ready for it.
Compliance with a Privacy Law takes a couple of years. So get started NOW.
Arrka is with you all through your journey ahead
As you start
Wondering how & where to start? Worry not. The Arrka platform guides you from the word go. Sign Up1-Month Free
As you implement
Roll out policies, processes and documentation. Streamline & synchronize all actions. The Arrka Platform helps you to comply. Sign Up1-Month Free
As you stay compliant
Staying compliant can be as complex as getting there. The Arrka Platform equips you to handle this effortlessly. Sign Up1-Month Free
India's Privacy Bill compliance simplified.
Gap Assessments, DPIAs, Third Party Assessments, Client Assessments - all built in.
Policies, Templates, Workflows, Contract Management on tap
Generate privacy policies, enable Privacy by Design, set up & manage DSRRs, manage client & vendor contracts.
Personal Data Management
Identify your Personal Data (PD), Map PD flows to Third parties/ Clients, set up & manage your PD Inventory.
Central Privacy Portal
A portal for Data Fiduciaries to manage their consents, view notices, exercise choices and Rights.
Here’s our case study on India DPDPB compliance.
FAQs on Digital Personal Data Protection Bill (DPDPB) compliance
- DPDPB is applicable to your organization if:
- You interact with individuals who reside in India for your products & services
- You don’t necessarily ‘sell’ to residents in India but target and profile them online for your business
- You have employees based in India.
- DPDPB is also applicable to your organization if:
- Yours is a B2B business where your clients are organizations who operate in India, and they share the personal data of Indian residents with you.
It is important to act now and initiate your Privacy Program for the following reasons
- Implementing a Privacy Program can take anywhere from 12-24 months at a minimum as it is a disruptive process which impacts most parts of your organization. It also needs a cultural change within the organization.
- Many organizations have already started their implementation journey.
- The core aspects of the DPDPB have, for the most part, not changed over the past few versions of the Bill and are not expected to change. These are in line with the key Privacy Principles across global privacy laws.
- Your policy needs to be translated into reality.
- For e.g., when you state in your policy that you use the Personal Data you collect only for a list of, say, 5 purposes, then you need to ensure that you put the right processes and controls in place to ensure that actually happens in reality. Further, you need to monitor these to ensure they actually work.
- Similarly, you may have a documented process for catering to an incoming Rights request from a Data Principals. This has to be operationalized so that when someone actually exercises their rights with you, you are geared up for it.
- For e.g., someone may ask you to erase her data with you. For this, you need to know all the places where her data is located – within your organization as well as with any vendors or partners. You need to have a mechanism to authenticate the request – to ensure it is not a fraudulent request. You need to have people in your organization trained to track and respond to such requests. And several such other steps.
- All of this – and more – can be deployed and managed easily and effectively with Arrka’s solution.
- We at Arrka have done all the hard work on your behalf – so you don’t need to spend time understanding what DPDPB is all about. All of this is baked into the platform via our frameworks and libraries.
Further, we have a team of consultants who will handhold you through the whole process to get you going. And if you need help for day-to-day management of your DPDPB program, then the Arrka team can take that on as well. In short, we work as your extended DPDPB compliance team.
- Yes, Arrka’s platform is designed to equip you to take care of both your privacy as well as security compliance and governance needs
- Yes, Arrka can do both in tandem
- The Arrka platform is designed to help you do ‘simultaneous compliance’. Which means you can comply with all the applicable Data Privacy & Security Laws & Standards simultaneously, in one go. Further, you can add on any new law or standard anytime without having to go back to the starting point.
- This is great news. The Arrka platform perfectly synchronizes with the work done by your legal counsel and operationalizes all that the legal team does.
- Not at all! Your data continues to remain exactly where it is. The Arrka platform only helps you manage the compliance end-to-end, for which we do not need access to the actual data at any point in time.
- Nothing is required to be installed or deployed on your servers
- Yes, Arrka has a pool of Privacy Experts who can step in to help you with any queries you have or any assistance you may need.